The Language of Liberty
August 17th & 18th 2019 – Morangup WA
Do you want to work with your horse at liberty but you’re not sure where to start? Maybe you’ve been working at liberty for a little while but would like to refine your skills? This clinic will cover all aspects of getting started at and advancing at liberty.
Working at liberty is a powerful addition to any equestrians’ tool box. Liberty provides space for both horse and human. In space, they see you completely and you see them completely. At liberty the horse can choose their level of involvement.
Liberty gives us a chance to create a genuine connection with our horse, a desire to be with us and a desire to embrace our ideas. It’s also a fantastic way to understand how your horse uses her body to communicate. Removing the tack will often reveal the truth about your relationship with your horse and while this can be confronting for some it’s also an opportunity to start creating a new relationship. One that’s built on trust and understanding.
We will explore the following
- What you need to do at the start of every liberty session
- What is TRUE liberty
- How your energy, breathing and thoughts affect your horse
- How the position of your body influences your horse
- How to interpret your horses body language and how to use your own body language
- How liberty can help your horse manage her energy and how you can become her safe place
- The power of working with music
- Whips – the what, why, when and how
- What to do when things don’t go to plan
- Two full days of theory, worksheets, role playing and breathing exercises for all participants
- Three individual unmounted horse sessions over two days for horse participants
- A small, safe group of like-minded people so everyone can contribute and grow
***Note: while the focus of this clinic is to work at liberty if the horses require the support of being on the lead we will clip on***
Date: Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th August 2019
Venue: Flame Lily Farm – Morangup WA
Investment: Horse Participants – $450.00 (includes a $50.00 refundable cleaning bond) | Non-Horse Participants – $100.00
Camping & Yards: Saturday night camping and yards for two days are included, extra days are available at an extra cost
Cancellation Policy: Your place is not confirmed until your payment has been received. There are no refunds or transfers, if you are unable to attend you will need to find someone to fill your place. For full Terms & Conditions please read here…